I am not a fan of cranberry sauce, however, I love this recipe and have to have it every Thanksgiving. Anyone who has tried it falls in love with it also.
• 12 oz Package of Whole Cranberries
• 1½ Cups Sugar
• ¾ Cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice (Valencia Oranges are best)
• 3 teaspoons Orange Zest
• 3 teaspoons Tbls peeled, finely chopped or zested Ginger
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium to large size saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat until the berries have popped open, about 10 minutes (Do not boil more than 10 minutes)
3. Near the end of cooking, skim and discard the foam that rises to the top.
5. Cover and refrigerate
6. Stores in the refrigerator for 2 months or 6 months frozen.