Thursday, November 4, 2010
Cornbread Stuffing with Apples and Sausage
• 1 Pound Sweet Sausage
• 5 Cubes Crumbled Cornbread (Homemade is best and I dry it out over night)
• 5 Cups Bread Cubes (Cut the size of sugar cubes and dried out over night)
• 1 Tart Apple, chopped (Granny Smith)
• 1 Cup Celery Chopped
• 1 Cup Onion Chopped
• 2 Cups Chicken Broth
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. In large pot cook sausage over medium heat. Stir to prevent sticking.
2. Add celery and onions. Cook until tender and sausage is done.
3. Add chicken broth and apples.
4. Then stir in cornbread and bread cubes.
5. Cook until liquid is absorbed.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.