This is a great apple pie recipe. I like to use a variety of apples to really add to the apple flavor. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or velvety vanilla ice cream.
• 9 Apples (Cored and peeled) MacIntosh, Granny Smith and Pippin are best.
• 1 Cup Sugar
• ¼ Cup Flour
• ¼ tsp Nutmeg
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• Dash of Salt
• 2 Tbls Butter
• Double Pie Crust or Homemade Vodka Crust
• Cream, or Milk and Sugar to brush and sprinkle to top crust
Preheat Oven to 400°
1. Mix Dry Ingredients
2. Pour apples into Pie Crust
3. Add Butter in drops on top of Apples
4. Place Top Crust on top of pie dish covering the apples
5. Wrap the top crust slightly under the lower pie crust
6. Crimp and flute the edges of the crust with your fingers
7. Lightly brush pie crust with cream and sprinkle with sugar
8. Cover the pie crust edges lightly with foil to prevent from burning
9. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes
10. Remove foil and continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until apples are soft and tender
11. Let rest for 20 minutes and serve.