This recipe is what I grew up on at Thanksgiving and is my all time favorite sweet potato recipe. This is a must for me at Thanksgiving. Boy is it fantastic!!!
• 2 cans (15 oz. each) Princella Yams/Sweet Potato
• 5 Tablespoons Butter
• 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
• 1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
• 1 Cup Miniature Marshmallows (optional)
1. Pour sweet potatoes with liquid into 2-qt. saucepan; cook until heated through.
2. Drain liquid.
3. While sweet potatoes are heating, combine butter and brown sugar in 1-qt. saucepan and cook until hot but not boiling.
4. Add nuts to sauce, if desired, and pour over hot sweet potatoes.
5. Stir just to coat.
6. Serve immediately.
One cup miniature marshmallows may be added on top of dish just before serving and placed under the oven broiler until golden brown.
Makes 8 servings.