This works best with a fluted tarte pan with a removable bottom if you have one. If you don’t have one use a 9” pie dish.
• 1 Unbaked Pastry Shell (You can make your own.)
• 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
• 1 ¼ Cup Dark Corn Syrup
• 4 Large Eggs
• ¼ Cup Butter, at room temperature
• 1 ½ Cup Pecans, broken
• 1 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
• ¼ tsp Salt
1. Now, take your pie dough round and lay it on top of the tarte pan.
2. Gently, gently pat it down in into place, so that there is dough in all the flutes.
3. Cut off the excess bits all the way around.
4. Place the tarte pan on a cookie sheet for ease of handling.
1. Oven gets preheated to 350.
2. Cook sugar and corn syrup in a pan until the sugar dissolves.
3. Beat eggs lightly & pour into syrup mixture gradually & keep on beating while you do that
4. Add the butter while beating (I cut it up before hand into bits so it melts easily)
5. Stir in the pecans.
6. Stir in the vanilla
You're not going to use most of the syrup. But you have to make the recipe as designed. Save for a another pie.
1. Use a slotted spoon to transfer all the pecans to your waiting pie crust.
2. Ladle the syrup onto the pecans until it just tops the crust.
3. Balance carefully on your way to the over and bake for about 45 minutes or until set.
4. Cool pie.
5. Remove the pie on the removable tarte pan bottom and place on a serving plate.
6. Serve with real whipped cream.