December's Cooking Class has been rescheduled to Thursday, Dec 4th at 7:00. Effective in January 2009, the class is moving to the 2nd Thursday of each month.
Starting December 4th, the classes with concentrate on making complete meals. More people have expressed interest in doing classes this way. It works fine for me if it works for everyone else. We will work on a main course, side dish, salad and bread or dessert item. I will make sure that all the items we learn are relatively fast and easy for the most part. Meals that can be made in an hour or so, that can be thrown together and slow cooked or meals that can be made ahead of time and heated or cooked another day.
We can also spend the class making soups for the winter months ahead.
I would like to know what everyone would like to learn at December's class. Here are some menus items. We can mix and match.
- Chicken Parmesan, Side Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce and Crushed Garlic and Herb Bread.
- Herb Crusted Roasted Pork Loin, Vegetable Tatin, Popovers and Salad with Meyer Lemon and Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
- Chicken Cordon Blue, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Green Salad with Orange Dressing, Avocado and Bacon.
- Pork Chops, Homemade Applesauce & Rice Pilaf
- Beef Stew, with grilled Garlic Bread, with Leaf Salad with Shake Vinaigrette, Toasted Pine Nuts
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Chicken Stock, with Dunking Grilled Mozzarella and Pesto Sandwich, and Dessert
- Roasted Chicken, with Yukon Gold Potatoes with Fresh Rosemary and an Avocado Bacon Salad
- Pot Roast Slow Cooked with Potatoes and Carrots. Homemade Biscuits.
- Fried Chicken, Baked Potato Wedges, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Biscuits and Jam
- Slow Cooked Tri-Tip, with Roasted Sweet Potatoes served with Honey and Cinnamon, Flourless Chocolate Cake from scratch.
- Chicken Breast with Mozzarella and Fresh Mushrooms, Mascarpone Cream and Fresh Fruit, Potato Gratin
- Black Pepper Seared Steak (Beef Au Poivre) with mushrooms and herbs and cream, Potatoes Gratin.
- Pork Chops in Cream Sauce with Green Beans, Peaches and Tarragon with Mascarpone Cream, Rolls and Dessert.
- 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken, Brown Sugar and Butter Carrots and Rolls.
- Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs, Wedge Salad and homemade Blue Cheese Dressing, Parmesan Garlic Bread
- Pork Tenderloin or Loin simply baked with seasoning salt and roasted. Olive Oil and Salt Crusted Baked Potatoes.
- Roasted Cornish Game Hens, Couscous, Panzanella, Vanilla Creme Custard with Caramel Sauce
- Quick and Easy Tacos with Soft Fried Tortillas, Spanish Rice, Corn Casserole and Buñuelos or Deep Fried Ice Cream.
- Prime Rib, Potatoes, Steamed and Season Broccoli, Crème Brulee
Other Side Dishes:
Fresh Green Beans with Bacon
Turnip Mashed Potatoes
Mascarpone Cream and Fresh Fruit
Potatoes & Aioli Sauce
Bread Pudding Dessert
Grilled Peaches with Honey and Granola
Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Celery Root and Apple Puree
Baked Carrots with Honey and Salt
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Boston Fudge Cake
Chocolate Crème Brulee
Cream Puffs or Éclairs
NY Style Cheesecake with Berry Coulis Sauce
Fresh Berries Pavlova
Root Beer Float Cake
Lemon Custard in Pastry Cups
Oatmeal Cake with Buttery Coconut Top (My Favorite Cake)
Ile Flottan with Crème Anglaise and Caramel
Chocolate Molten Lava
Peaches, Tarragon with Mascarpone Cream
Coconut Cake from Scratch
I could go on and on. There are so many more items I can list. Soups, Salads, Appetizers, Beverages, Breads and Specialty Items, like Candies, Jams, Sauces, etc...
These are just some of the menu items we can do at the next class. We can also mix and match sides for most of these items. If you have a suggestions for menu items you would like to see, let me know and we can have a class on those.