Plus, it is the easiest thing in the world to make!!! Enjoy - Gregg
- 1 Pkg. Gelatin or 4 Sheets Gelatin
- 4 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Sugar, plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 8 (6-ounce) Serving Cups or Brule/Custard Cups
1. In a very small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over 1/8 cup of cool cream and let stand about 1 minute or so to soften. (It will get lumpy or look like cottage cheese, that is OK.
2. Or if using Gelatin sheets - In a small bowl, submerse the gelatin sheets in cool water to soften
3. In a medium saucepan combine the cream and sugar.
4. Slit the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds.
5. Add the seeds and the hull of the vanilla bean to the saucepan.
6. Whisk to combine.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil and turn off immediately.
8. Remove the softened gelatin sheets from the cool water and whisk into the hot cream mixture OR, Temper the gelatin by slowing adding and stirring a 1/4 cup of the heated cream mixture
9. Stir to combine.
10 Add the gelatin back into the cream mixture
11. Pour immediately into serving dishes and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
12. Serve plain or with toppings of your choice.