Herbed Garlic Bread
• 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) (room temperature )
• 2 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste with a pinch of salt and extra-virgin olive oil (Work with a chef’s knife by cutting and dragging the side of the knive through the garlic to mash.)
• Work until it is a gooey paste.
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
• Pinch Kosher salt
• Pinch freshly ground black pepper
• 1 loaf un-sliced French bread or baguette
• Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For the bread:
1. Stir together the butter, mashed garlic mixture, and herbs in a small bowl
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Slice open the loaf of bread lengthwise
4. Spread the herb-garlic mixture over both halves and sprinkle with a little olive oil.
Bake for 15 minutes