Thursday, April 24, 2008

WELCOME TO THE GREEN GROCER

This is too funny. It was recommended that I start a blog about grocery bargain and favorite recipes. I thought that would be kind of fun. So away we go.

This blog will post weekly bargains and recipes that should help make cooking and shopping a little easier for those interested. It will also offer tips and tricks for food preparation. It may also list dates of possible cooking classes that should be fun.

A little about my background in regards to cooking and party planning. I worked in the Restaurant business for almost 20 years. I worked as a waiter, catering manager, general manager and district manager for restaurants in the Inland Empire to Los Angeles County. Those retaurants being, Carlos O'Brien's, Black Angus and The Cafe Madrid. I was a caterer for about 6 years and catered hundreds of weddings, quinceaneras, birthday parties, business socials, fund raisers, open houses, anniversaries, club socials, school events, office parties and so many other events.

I was honored when asked by the great jazz singer, Etta James, to cater her birthday party. It was so much fun to put on such a major event.

I also catered an event for Donny Osmond and his wife, Debbie. Debbie was launching a new product and I was asked to cater the afternoon event. They were wonderful people and a joy to work with.

My jobs have brought me into contact with many great people like, Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner. Sammy Davis, Jr, Robert Reed (the dad on the Brady Bunch), Dale Evans (Roy Rogers' wife), Danny Kaye, Ernie Hudson, Karen and Richard Carpenter, Regis Philbin and his wife Joy. Coco Montoya, Rod Piazza and The Mighty Flyers, Liz Claiborne, Debbie Davies, Colin Powell and so many more.

I am and avid cook and enjoy all types of foods. I love entertaining and and trying new dishes with friends and family. A good meal with good friends or family is to me the best and most relaxing time.

I learned my skills from my mom, my grandmother and my aunt. I honed my skills in the restaurant business working with some really cook cooks and chefs. I helped create new dishes for both Carlos O'Brien's and The Cafe Madrid. Many of which became menu staples.

So sit back, kick off your shoes, put on an apron, fire up the grill or stove and let's get cooking.

No comments: